Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thai crash findings delayed three months

Thursday, May 14, 2009, 07:00

16 readers have commented on this story.
Click here to read their views.

THE findings of the Thai plane crash which killed four North Lincolnshire holidaymakers in September 2007 will not be made public until August at the earliest.

Scunthorpe MP Elliot Morley has been pressing in Parliament for a date so the inquests due to be staged in Lincoln can finally go ahead.

The MP's intervention comes after it was revealed the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) has completed its technical investigation into the crash which killed 89 people and injured 41 others.

Among the dead were Scunthorpe licensees Harry Slater 43, and Steve Saunby 40, and their respective wives Helen 31, and Susan, 26.

Flight OG269, operated by the Thai-based One-Two-Go airline, crashed on September 16, 2007, in strong winds and heavy rain while attempting to land at Phuket airport.

Click here for more

Mr Morley said he had been told by the British Embassy in Bangkok the investigation into the cause of the crash was still on-going.

He added: "The ICAO report was passed on to the Thai government and was being reviewed by a technical sub-committee.

"The report was due to be finalised and endorsed by the Thai Minister for Transport this month. But this time frame could slip depending on decisions made by the sub-committee."

For the full story, buy today's Scunthorpe Telegraph.

No comments: