AirAsia group is aggressively expanding and strengthening its network in Indochina. Collectively the low cost carrier has nine points into Indochina, including Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, Vientiane, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh from Kuala Lumpur and Phnom Penh, Yangon, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh from Bangkok.
AirAsia Group services a combined 101 routes and 53 destinations, while AirAsia X, AirAsia’s long-haul low-lost affiliate services two international destinations.
Dato’ Pahamin Ab Rajab, Chairman of AirAsia, said “20,000 seats have been snapped up since we opened the Kuala Lumpur–Ho Chi Minh on 12-Mar-08 and Bangkok-Ho Chi Minh on 03-Mar-08.”
Meanwhile, Mr Tassapon Bijleveld, CEO of Thai AirAsia, commented “We started with only two flights on 04-Apr-08 and will add third and fourth flights on 27-Apr-08.”
To date, AirAsia group has carried over 49 million passengers and has grown from a two-aircraft fleet to 70 today, all within a short span of six years in operation.
© Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation. Date posted: 21-Apr-08
Other AirAsia News
- AirAsia on time guarantee
- AirAsia widens China network with route to Haikou
- AirAsia’s Kuantan route launch completes AirAsia’s domestic expansion in Peninsular Malaysia
- AirAsia to develop Kuching as a global low cost hub
- AirAsia expands flights into Ho Chi Minh
- AirAsia launches Ambulift for disabled passengers
- AirAsia recognised as one of the top 50 most innovative companies in the world
- AirAsia cut to 'neutral' on fuel derivatives losses risk - CIMB
- AirAsia unveils first AT&T Williams Formula One A320 Aircraft
- AirAsia launches 50,000 free seats for all domestic destinations